Gift cards are pre-loaded cards with an amount of money on them. Normally they act as a debit card, however, they can only be used at a chain of stores, or the store where you have purchased the gift card from.
Walmart Gift Card Activation
Activation of the Walmart Gift Card is not required if you have a gift card with a value under $250, you can simply spend that amount on your purchases.
If your gift card has a value of more than $250, an official email from Walmart will be sent to your registered email address. The email will include the password, as well as the instructions for the Walmart Gift Card activation process.
If you feel that you need help, you can feel free to dial 1-800-411-7942 to contact Walmart Gift Card support – Monday to Friday between (7:30 am – 5:00 pm) or you can email: email@example.com.
Walmart Gift Card Balance Check
This is an easy process, just visit the official page on Walmart’s website to check the balance. You can click on the link below which shall direct you to the page:
Then you need to enter the details asked on the page that include:
- 16-digit card number
- 4- digit PIN of your gift card
- Then proceed by clicking on the “Get Card Balance” button.
The page will then authenticate your details and flash your card balance on the next page.
If you should require help during this process, you can visit your nearest Walmart store to request your card balance or dial 1-888-537-5503.
To find your nearest Walmart store location, you can visit Walmart’s Store locator page (URL: https://www.walmart.com/store/finder).
Walmart Gift Card PIN
The PIN is located at the bottom right corner on the back of the gift card, scratch-off to uncover the PIN.
In case you don’t have the PIN present on your card, you can replace your card at Walmart or Sam’s Club in the US, with the same amount of balance and use the PIN on your new card for online purchases.
Walmartgift.com Register Gift Card Process
You can register five gift cards at once on your account if you are not planning to use them immediately. The process of registering your gift cards onto your account is as follows:
- Visit the Walmart account Sign in page (URL: https://www.walmart.com/account/login?returnUrl).
- Then Sign-in by entering the details required, i.e., email address and password.
- Then select ‘Account’ and go to the ‘Manage Account’ section and click on ‘Gift Cards’.
- After that click on the ‘Add a New Gift Card’ button.
- Now, enter the 16-digit gift card number with the PIN and enter the nickname for the card and click ‘Save’.
The gift cards saved in your Walmart account will be securely kept until you use them and to make it easy, you don’t need the PIN to redeem your gift card.
How to use Walmart Gift Card in Online Purchases?
The process for using your gift card for an online purchase is very simple:
- Simply fill your cart on Walmart website with the items you want to purchase.
- Proceed normally to the payment screen.
- Then select the ‘Gift Card’ option for making the payment.
- Then enter details of your gift card or select a gift card if you have already saved one in your account.
- Once done, check that the card has been added or not, which will be shown in the purchase summary.
- Then complete your purchase.
If you have purchased more than the amount in your gift card then you will have to pay the remaining balance through your debit or credit card or with another gift card.
If you have purchased less than the balance of your gift card, then the remaining balance will be available in your gift card for future purchases.
Stores where you can use your Walmart Gift Card
Walmart Gift Cards can be used at the selected chains which consists of Walmart.com, Samsclub.com, Vudu.com, Walmart or Sam’s Club Stores, or at any gas station of Walmart or Sam’s Club.
However, a 10% surcharge will be added to your purchase if you are going to use a Walmart Gift Card in a Sam’s Club store and are not a member of Sam’s Club.
If you have a Sam’s Club Card, then check out our Sam’s Club Credit Card Login Guide which shows you how to login and make payments.
Stolen or Lost Walmart Gift Cards
Walmart takes no responsibility for the gift cards once purchased from them. It is entirely the buyers responsibility once the the gift card has been purchased and it will not be replaced should the gift card be lost or stolen. For this reason, it is best to save your gift cards into your account.