If you are a Macy’s credit cardholder, you can easily get it activated from American Express. All you need is an internet connection and you are good to go.
In case you are a new user and need help with the activation process, you will find all the details in this post.
Activating Macy’s Credit Card Online
- To activate your new Macy’s Credit Card, you need to first visit the www.macys.com/activate website which is powered by Citibank.
- You will find the option to activate your card underneath the options to create an online account. Hit the red button to start the activation process.
- To proceed ahead, you need to enter your card number and your name as it appears on the card. You also need to enter your security code and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- You will be given an option to add your new credit card to your wallet. Check this box, so that your Star Passes are added for easier checkout access online.
- Now click on the option Verify to complete the process. Once you are done with these steps, you should be able to use your Macy’s credit card.
What Number is My Security Code?
When you apply for a Macy’s credit card, they give you access to a store account or an American Express card. The security code location is different based on the credit card you receive.
All American Express cards come with a four-digit security code on the front. You can locate it above the account number and right below Macy’s name.
If you apply for a Macy’s credit card to use for retail purposes, then you will get a three-digit security code on the back. This code needs to be verified.
If you are confused about these security codes, you can dial the retailer’s customer service support at (888) 257-6757 for assistance.
Activation Phone Numbers for your Macy’s Card
Macy’s customer service hotline stays active from 9 am to 9 pm from Monday to Saturday. On Sundays, the hotline opens at 11 am and closes at 8 pm. These times are Pacific and Eastern.
Those who need TDD/TTY assistance should dial the number (800) 281-0820 for help.
If you live outside the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada and need help with the activation process, you can call at (727) 556-5758.
The best and easy way to activate your Macy’s credit card is by visiting www.macy’s.com/activate. The online process is easy and less troublesome.