LIC Merchant – LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) of India was founded in the year of 1956, shortly after the Life Insurance Of India Act was passed by the parliament. LIC is probably the only public sector insurance company in India, with a merger of over 240 insurance companies and provident societies. At the moment, LIC is the largest insurance company in India with a whopping number of 2000 branches all over the country. The corporation has around 15 lakh registered agents to obtain the policies. From terms of insurance to saving investment products, Life Insurance Corporation providers all sorts of insurance plans in India.
The corporation has an excellent presence both in Urban and rural parts of the country. The company has thousands of officially registered merchants for the sole purpose of collecting premiums from the policyholders and to update the policy details. Today, in this article, we’ll be showcasing the LIC Merchant login portal and also help you with the process of logging into your merchant account on the portal.
What Is LIC Merchant Portal
The most crucial and essential part is to ensure timely payments of premiums after purchasing the Life Insurance Policy from the company. The agents /people/ Individuals who are directly involved in collecting the payment of premium are called LIC Merchants. The web portal of LIC Merchant requires an ID and password to log in and access the tools provided by the company for updating policy details and to accomplish policy premium collection.
LIC Merchant Portal is exclusive to the agents or individuals who are officially connected to or employed by the company. General users or the public cannot log in on the portal or access its content. If you aren’t a LIC Agent and reading this article, then, unfortunately, you’re at a workplace.
LIC Agent Portal Login Process
Merchants can easily log in to their accounts using the web portal from anywhere and at any time. The online tools that are available on the LIC Merchant let you update or edit the policy details and know the schedules or dates of policy premiums collection. You could also view the policies and their related details on the LIC merchant website.
In order to login into your LIC Agent Portal, you will have to go through the following steps properly:-
- First of all, visit the official website of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) on your browser to get started.
- Under the Online Services menu, select the Merchant Portal option to proceed further in the process.
- Confirm the redirection on your browser and click on the “Login” option on the next page.
- Once the login page is loaded, enter username and password in the appropriate fields.
- After entering the credentials, you need to solve the tricky question and enter its answer in the below field.
- Ensure all the details that you have entered on the web page are correct and hit submit to proceed.
Within a few seconds, you will be logged into a merchant account wherein you can perform various tasks like viewing or editing policies, scheduling premium payment collection, etc. There are no further steps or any sort of installation required in order to login to your LIC merchant account.
How To Reset LIC Merchant Account Password
As you may have realized, it’s mandatory to have a username and password in order to login to your merchant account on the LIC portal. In case, if you don’t remember the password of your account, then you’ll have to reset it by following the below-mentioned steps. You will be able to login to your account like before after the password to your account is successfully reset.
- Start off by visiting the official website of LIC on your computer or smartphone.
- Now proceed to the Merchant Portal option which will be located under the Online Services tab.
- Click on the “Forgot Password” option under the Login option on the web page to begin the process.
- On the next page, you will have to enter your user ID and email address and hit the Submit option.
- You will receive a new password on your email address which can be used to login to your merchant account.
Make sure to enter and submit the correct user ID along with the email address that is associated or registered with your account. Within a couple of minutes of submission, you will receive a new password for your merchant account. Simply head over the login page, enter your username and the password that you have received in the mail.
How To Change LIC Merchant Account Login Password
LICmerchant portal allows individuals to change their login password at any time. If you’re looking forward to setting up a new password or changing the existing one, then you will have to perform the following steps properly. While setting up a new password, make sure to enter the right combination of words and follow the guidelines.
- Go to the LIC merchant Login Portal by clicking on the aforementioned link on your browser.
- Under the login option, you will find the “Change Your Password” option, simply click on it.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter your account details and passwords.
- Enter your user name, and existing password of your merchant account along with the new password.
- In the last field, confirm your new password and hit the Reset option to finish the process.
You will receive a notification on your email address confirming the change of password for your LIC merchant account. It may take a few minutes for the email to arrive, however, your password will be instantly changed and you will be able to login using the new password on the web portal.
Customer Care Helpline For Login Issues
LIC Merchants who are unable to login to their merchant account on the web portal are required to contact the helpline numbers immediately. Ideally, you wouldn’t face any issues or have any trouble logging into the licmerchantportal account. Make sure to check you have entered the correct credentials on the web page and also try performing a password reset as a last resort.
If none of the above works, then it’s better to contact the helpline numbers that are shared below. Or you may drop an email if you’re facing any trouble with the tools on the merchant portal.
Helpline Numbers:- 022-67090501/022-67090502
Customer care email address:– email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can visit this link to contact them.
Well, I suppose this is going to be the end of this article. If you’re an LIC agent or merchant, then I hope the article would prove to be helpful. It’s completely safe to use the merchant portal to perform various activities without having to bother about risk. The online web portal is accessible from anywhere in the country at all times. Let me know in the comments below if you need any further help with the LIC Merchant login process.