All you need is a Green Dot Card to keep you from carrying cash or perpetually going into debt making purchases with your credit card. With a Green Dot Debit Card you don’t have to worry about the risk of losing your cash or going into debt with credit card payments and fees.
You can use your card in the same way you use your debit card after loading it with cash. You can use it to make purchases both online and in-store. You can also make payments anywhere where Green Dot Card is accepted.
With your Green Dot Card, you don’t have to worry about minimum balance or bank overdraft again.
How does the Green Dot Debit Card actually work?
Before we jump into the activation part, it is crucial to know how the card actually works. The Green Dot Card comes free without credit checks when you buy it online.
You get to earn 5 percent cash back benefits with the Visa Green Dot Card. Just by only doing your normal shopping with your card, you get yearly up to $100 or more.
There is also a monthly maintenance fee with the Green Dot Cards, but you can ignore it when loading your card up to $1,000 or more any month.
How to activate your Green Dot Card
You should pay attention to the most important part that is your Green Dot Card Activation process. Like any other bank cards, you will also receive your card inactive. To protect you from any possible fraud just in case your card got stolen on transit.
After you have received your card, it shouldn’t take you more than a couple of minutes to activate your Green Dot Card. Here are the following steps on how to register your Green Dot Card:
- Go to the homepage of Green Dot at https://secure2.greendot.com/enroll/get-started
- After that, this will take you to a page where you will ask to enter your 16 digits card number, your card expiration date, and the three-digit CVV code.
- Then click on the “Continue” icon.
- Finally, a new page will open up, and you will have to enter your name, address, and your date of birth.
Once all this procedure is complete, your Green Dot Card is now active. However, you can make use of it only after you load cash into your card.
Activate your Green Dot Card by Phone
There is also an alternative way, where you can activate your Green Dot Card through the phone. By simply dialing the customer service at 1-866-795-7597. Once you get to connect to the line, follow the instruction to activate your card.
How to deposit cash to your Green Dot Card
First of all, you will have to load your card with cash before heading out to the store or making any purchases online. You can make your deposit in various ways:
- You can directly transfer from your Bank account to your card.
- You can also deposit a check from your mobile app to your card.
- You can deposit your tax refund to your card.
- You can also sign up for direct deposits by visiting the nearest Green Dot Card center.