Instead of writing checks now and then, one of the wise things you can do is getting yourself a USAA Debit or Credit card. With that in hand, you can use it anywhere where a Visa Credit card is accepted. You can’t ask for a better way to enjoy your convenience and security while you are out shopping or running errands at the convenience store. However, you can use your USAA card after activating it first.
To make payments from your USAA card, you will have to go through the USAA card activation process. You can do this easily online or via phone if you have your USAA Credit card.
However, on the other hand, if you have a USAA Debit card, it can be activated online only. Below are the methods on how to activate your USAA card in detail.
How to activate your USAA Credit Card by Phone
Activating your USAA Credit card through phone, you can call customer service by dialing the phone number: 210-531-8722. Just follow the instructions which are automatically provided by the system. Make sure to keep your card right by your side as you will need to provide information such as your card number, CVV, and card expiration date.
You might also have to give in your date of birth and social security number. Once the activation process is over, you will have your USAA card activated and ready to use.
How to activate your USAA Credit Card Online
The process for activating your USAA Credit card online is very simple and direct. It is an easy process, and you don’t have to talk to any customer service agent. All you have to do is follow the key steps. Unfortunately, it is not possible to activate your credit card through the app.
Here are the following steps on how to activate your USAA Credit card online:
- Open the browser from your computer or mobile phone and go to the USAA website.
- If you already have an account, log in at https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/Logon by using your ID or username and enter your password. If in case you don’t have an account, you can easily create one at https://www.usaa.com/join/start/ . It is a simple and clear process, so this wouldn’t take long to create your ID.
- Now click the link marked as ‘Activate Card.’ By clicking this, a page will open on your screen where you will need to enter your card details- your card number, card expiration date, date of birth, social security number, and CVV code.
- Finally, after the process is complete, your card will get activated and ready to use.
How to activate your USAA Debit Card
To start using your USAA Debit card, you will first need to deposit cash as it is a prepaid card. Then you can follow the simple steps:
- Go to the USAA website at https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/Logon
- Click the link marked as ‘Member Access.’ After this, a page will open up where you will have to log in to your account.
- Click the link marked as ‘My Accounts’ to access your account.
- Finally, click on ‘Activate Debit Card’ and you can follow the instructions to start activating your card.
See how easily you can activate your USAA card process in no time.