The smiONE Visa Prepaid Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, a member of FDIC. It is suitable for making child support payments without requiring a local bank account. As Bancorp Bank is a member of FDIC, this ensures that every transaction made with the card is FDIC insured.
It is a Visa endorsed card and can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. The smiONE card has all the features that are included on a prepaid card. This allows Texan families to be able to make payments on their child support program reliably, which is important for the other parent/primary carer.
Benefits of TX smiONE Card
- You will be able to pay any bills using your card.
- You can set up alerts and notifications for any activity on the card through SMS or email.
- Cashbacks are awarded on purchases.
- You are also able to transfer cash.
- There is 24/7 access to Customer Support.
- You can add additional cardholders and the card comes with no credit check.
- FDIC insured
The child support payments made through the smiONE Texas Payment Card are prompt – (Child support division receives these payments after 1-2 days of time).
smiONE Visa Prepaid Card Enrolment Process
You can apply for the smiONE Card by two different methods:
- Online Enrolment Method
- Telephone Enrolment Method
Online Enrolment Method
The online enrolment for a smiONE Visa Prepaid Card can be done through your profile on the CSI (Child Support Interactive) platform at www.childsupport.oag.state.tx.us.
smiOne Card Florida Child Support
Florida parents can register themselves through the link below:
If you haven’t opened your account yet, you can simply do that by clicking on the ‘Apply for Services’ section on the following page:
Telephone Enrolment Method
If you opt for this method, call the Texas State Disbursement Unit by dialling the number (800)252-8014. You will be asked to provide details regarding your account and to confirm your identity.
Activation of smiONE Visa Prepaid Card
Your will need to activate your card before you use it for the first time. To activate it:
- Dial the number located on the back of the card.
- Then, create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) which will allow you to do transactions with your card.
smiONE Card Login Process
To Login into your smiONE account follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to visit the following link: www.smionecard.com.
- Then, proceed by selecting the first four digits of the card, type these in and click on ‘Activate card’ or ‘Access your Account’.
- Enter the details asked on the next page: Username and password.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button and you will then be granted access to your account once your details have been authenticated.
If you are a new user visiting the website for the first time:
- Firstly, click on the ‘New User? Register’ button.
- Then, you will be redirected to another page where you will have to provide details.
- Enter, the last four digits of your card, zip code, the expiry date of the card, and further details in order to create a new account.
- Finally, to secure your account, you will need to set two security questions.
smiONE Card Money Loading Method
You can add money in your smiONE Visa Prepaid Card by Direct Deposit method or you can use Merchant services such as: MoneyGram, Western Union, and Visa ReadyLink.
However, you will not be able to use the Merchant services method for the Texas Payment Card program.
You can also transfer your Tax Refund Money to your smiONE Visa Prepaid Card, however you need to have tax refund mentioned under your name. For this, you will have to add Routine Number as well as Account Number in your tax return form.
- Routine Number: 031101169
- Account Number: Card associated DDA number
You can check your balance using the following methods:
- Check your balance through an ATM (Charges may apply).
- By logging in to your account at smionecard.com.
- As an alternate, you can also call the Customer Service number located on the back of your smiONE Prepaid Card.
smiONE Card App
You can download both the smiONE Visa Prepaid Card app and the Platinum smiONE Visa Prepaid Card app on android and ios platform. The following links will direct you to the download pages:
For Android devices:
- smiONE Visa Prepaid Card- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gpsrv.smi&hl=en_US
- Platinum smiONE Visa Prepaid Card- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smi.m360.cardholder&hl=en_US
For ios devices:
- smiONE Visa Prepaid Card- https://apps.apple.com/us/app/smione-visa-prepaid-card/id794656807
- Platinum smiONE Visa Prepaid Card- https://apps.apple.com/us/app/platinum-smione-visa-prepaid/id1147476680
You can use the app to add money onto your card, view your account summary, set up alerts and notifications, or make any payments.
- Fees will be payable at specific places where you use the card. You can refer to the cardholder’s agreement for full details before using the card.
- You do not require a bank account to use smiONE Visa Prepaid Card.
- You can also add additional cardholders (secondary) – up to the maximum of five (5).